February 6, 2009

Lux Interior, 1946-2009


"Roll on.
Rock on.
Raw bones.
Well there's still alot of rhythm in these rockin' bones.

I wanna leave a happy memory when I go.
I wanna leave some thing to let the whole world know,
that the rock 'n roll daddy has a done passed on,
but my bones Will keep a rockin' long after I'm gone.

Roll on.
Rock on.
Raw bones.
Well I still got all the rhythm in these Rockin' Bones.

Well when I die don't you bury me at all,
just nail my bones up on the wall.
Beneath these bones let these words be seen:
"This is the bloody gears of a boppin' machine."

Roll on.
Rock on.
Raw bones.
Well I still got all the rhythm in these bockin' bones.

I ain't worried about tomorrow just thinkin' about tonight.
My bones are getting restless and I do it up right.
A few more times around this hardwood floor,
before we turn off the lights and... close the door.

Roll on.
Rock on.
Raw bones.
Well there's still alot of rhythm in these Rockin' Bones."

Rest in peace, Lux Interior...
or just roll on, rock on.

Forever.

Thank you for a lifetime of great music.

-SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment